Veterinary compounding is mixing two injectable drugs, preparing an oral paste or suspension from crushed tablets or adding flavouring to a drug.
Veterinarian compounding can provide treatments and more effective methods of administration for creatures of all sizes and temperaments.vet compounding allows for custom dosage forms that may suit each pet’s particular preferences. Veterinary compounding is finding a dosage form and suitable for each individual animal. A veterinary compounding pharmacy combines the good quality of pharmaceutical ingredients to create specific formulations, delivery systems and dosages of veterinary medications. Our pharmacists are specially trained in compounding.
Veterinary Compounding may include the following:
- Sugar-free medications for diabetic pets
- Transdermal gels as an alternative delivery system
- Hard-to-find medications for urinary incontinence
- Flavoured antibiotic suspensions.
- Anti-Diarrhea medications
- Anti-Seizure Liquids and Capsules
- Anti – Fungal Suspensions
- Discontinued medications
- Sugar-free formulations
- Motion sickness treatments
- Topical powders
- Combination medications
- Medicated biscuits/treats
- Chewable flavored troches
- Oral suspensions and pastes
- Rectal suppositories
- Individualized concentrated doses